I got a bit experimental.
This isn’t a tough recipe and it might not be what every baby likes, but my Little man loved it.
I made a three ingredient apple crumble!
This made six little helpings and two adult sized ones.
- Peel (de-skin seems like a better word), core and cube three apples
- Place apples in a pot and add a splash of water. Allow to boil and then simmer until soft
- Cube 100g of unsalted butter
- Mix with 225g of oats
- Mash the apples into the consistency your little one prefers
- Place the apple mixture into little muffin cases (or whatever else you prefer) and then place the oat and butter mixture on top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
I served it up with a little bit of yogurt to ensure it wasn’t too dry for him. He loved every bite of it! My partner and I tasted some and although you can taste the lack of sugar it is still quite pleasant and I could probably eat it with some ice cream, yogurt or cream. It is also pretty healthy so great if you want a dessert without too much bad stuff! Could also be made with different fruits, which I might try soon, when I have my reusable muffin cases back! I have frozen the rest of them and will take them out and reheat them in the oven when ready to have them again!
Let me know if you try it and what you think of it!