Christmas is supposed to be the ‘most wonderful’ time of the year. But however many days with all your family and alcohol in one place, sometimes it just doesn’t go well. Here are some tips. If you have some add them in the comments! Together we can survive this season!
- Stay away from topics you know cause conflict
- Don’t expect it to be the most amazing day ever
- Smile and forget whatever backhanded insult was flung your way
- Eat and drink all your favourite things
- Find time for yourself, walk the dog, have a long bath or lock yourself in your room and put your earphones in
It’s lovely to see family and spend time with them. But let’s face it, sometimes it’s hard to see so much of the same people and with all that time spent with them in one house an argument or two is bound to come out.
If all else fails, just smile and wave!