So this is the recipe I used to make these cupcakes and white chocolate buttercream icing. They made nine decent sized ones and more than enough icing to cover them. Both recipes are simple yet so yummy!
- Mix 100g of butter and 100g of caster sugar together, until light and fluffy
- Add two eggs, beating the first in well before adding the second, then beating the second well before adding 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- Carefully fold in 100g of self raising flour and 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Bake for 10-20 minutes. Check them after 10 minutes, poke a cocktail stick in the centre, if it comes back dry they are ready. If it comes back with mix on they need more time
- Cool, decorate and enjoy!
(I placed a small amount of milk chocolate in the centre of each mixture)
White Chocolate Buttercream Icing
- Beat 110g of butter with 125g of icing sugar until smooth. Slowly mix in another 125g of icing sugar until a smooth, paste like texture has formed
- Melt 150g of white chocolate (place in a bowl and microwave for a couple of minutes or place a bowl over a saucepan full of boiling water, ensure that no water enters the bowl of chocolate)
- Add the chocolate to the butter and icing and mix until smooth
- If the icing is runny add a small amount of icing sugar and mix. Add as much as required. If it is too thick add some milk, a small amount at a time.
- Ice the cupcakes and enjoy!
(I grated a small amount of milk chocolate on top of each cupcake)
Next time I will try the same but reverse the white chocolate with milk chocolate. Will let you know how they turn out!
Tweet me a picture (@diaryofninemonths) if you make some yourself!